Sundays at the Y - Modified due to COVID-19
Welcome! We would love for you to join us on Sundays at the Y for our Field Training Classes or our Worship Gathering! (7120 S. Cooper St. Arlington, TX 76001) Since we gather for worship in a YMCA gym we encourage you to come as you are. It's not the building or our clothes that are important, but that we are together and our hearts are ready to worship Christ.
We hope you feel welcomed and loved like family when you come to The Fields. When you come in, there will NOT be coffee, tea, and water at this time, but please bring your own. We will also have a resource table for you to take advantage of! If you have a Bible, bring it. If not, we’ve got some for you under each seat and some nicer ones on a table at the back of the gym if you'd like to take one home!
Field Training | 8:45am
Worship Gathering | 10:00am
Health and Safety - Changes due to COVID19 - Please Read
There will be some minor and major changes to our normal gathering that are suggested by the CDC and required by the state, county, YMCA leadership, and church leadership. Please take some time to read through the list below to be aware before Sunday morning. While this may sound like a lot, we are excited and looking forward to our time together and believe this path ahead will enable us to continue to meet long into the future when there are even less precautions.
- Cleaning: The YMCA has gone above and beyond local, state, and national guidelines to disinfect all their facilities. Since reopening, they have continued their intense cleaning schedule. In addition, we will also be disinfecting the areas of the Y that we use on Sunday morning.
- At-risk population: We encourage all attendees over 65 and those with underlying health conditions (lung disease, severe asthma, heart disease, obesity, diabetes, kidney disease, liver disease, or weakened immune system, etc.) to remain at home until the risk has abated. We will still be streaming our service on Zoom for you to continue to participate from home.
- Symptoms: If you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past two weeks or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past two weeks, please stay at home for your own well being and safety of others. If you are not feeling well, running a fever or have chills, have a cough or shortness of breath, or show any other COVID-19 symptoms, please stay at home and seek medical attention.
- Volunteers: We will have a smaller-than-normal setup and tear down crew, but each of them will undergo a screening on Sunday morning to ensure they have no symptoms before serving. They will also be required to wear a mask and gloves while setting up and tearing down to keep things clean and to protect themselves and others.
- Masks and Gloves: We ask that everyone 2 years old and older wear a mask upon entering and exiting the Y. However, once you are seated in the gym, you are welcome to take off your mask during the service.
- Bathrooms: The Y bathrooms will be available for use throughout the morning. We simply ask you to use them on a limited basis. Please assist your children, and make sure to wash your hands thoroughly.
- Field Training Classes: At this time, we feel that we can safely offer some modified Field Training Classes for kids, youth, and adults that want to take advantage of this opportunity. Temperature checks and masks will be required upon entering, but if outside or social distancing is possible you may remove your mask.
- Childcare: Childcare for birth-PreK will be provided during the service.
- Parents: Please explain all of these precautions to your kids as best as possible so that they know what to expect. Please keep all your kids with you at all times while you are at the Y to protect them and others.
- Entrance: Please enter through the front doors at the Y. We will have a greeter to welcome you and take your temperature in the lobby. We will have hand sanitizer for you to use when entering and exiting the facility. Please maintain six feet of social distance between others who do not live in your household. Also, NO coffee or snacks will be served, but feel free to bring your own from home.
- Seating: When entering the gym, please maintain social distancing and find a group of seats that will fit your family/household. Please stay close to your seats, but feel free to converse with those nearby!
- Dismissal: When we send you out to be the church in the world, please put on your mask and maintain social distancing as you make your way outside. Also, please keep your children close by rather than letting them go free.
- Fellowship: If you would like to fellowship with others after the service, we ask that you to do so outside where you can safely to talk and catch up with one another. This will also give us plenty of time to clean and sanitize the Y.